Carnival for tea,breakfast and dinner

All I do is think about Carnival !!! Join me on the road to carnival 2k7

Name:
Location: Arima, Trinidad & Tobago

I love Carnival!!. Trinidad's carnival! Once a year my senses rejoice at the opportunity to douse my soul with intoxicating soca music, shed my cares and fears, and temporarily transfer my spirit into the mas. (S. Drakes)

Sunday, January 07, 2007

FAY ANN & BUNJI GARLIN CHRISTMAS CHARITY

I was writting a post for today about Fay Ann and Bunji and I came across this article Kudos to these soca stars!!!

Soca Mega Stars Bunji Garlin, Fay Ann Lyons and Jadee, took time out from their over hectic schedule, finding time to share the spirit of Christmas with less privileged residents of Point Fortin...

The project which was part of a wider exercise involving other entertainers in areas such as The Beetham Gardens where poverty still exists. The Point Fortin project initiated by Fay Ann Lyons, liaising with the Point Fortin Corporation, distributed over sixty (60) hampers to individuals and families within the community.

During a particular delivery, tears flowed as the living conditions of a relatively young woman living with cancer appalled everyone. With none to really make her enjoy a comfortable living, both Fay Ann and Bunji contributed towards her medication for the next two (2) months. Fay Ann went on to assure her that she will do whatever she can to assist her condition. Lyons said that she cannot hang her hat where she can’t reach, but she will do whatever she can.

Fay Ann Talking to Residents
Upon exiting the house, Bunji said that he was in shock to know that in a country which boast of having so much money in circulation, people are still living in such poverty.

Fay Ann said that the exercise was the beginning of what will be programs to assist the society’s underprivileged organized by herself and other entertainers.

Local Gospel superstar Jadee added a biblical twist to the event by saying, he is bumming around for some blessing. He said that God blesses those who bless others.

Hampers were distributed throughout the community to pre-selected residents.

Due to requests received and sensitivity issues, we will not be featuring the recipients of hampers received.

Pointalive.com extends sincere appreciation to all who contributed towards the project.

Found on : http://www.southtrini.com/

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its nice to see our local stars giving back. Others in the industry...and even in other walks of life should take up this example!

This effort to give back seems genuine....cuz the "media" was there hyping up the story. Well done to Fay-ann, Antonio & Jadee.

2:28 PM  
Blogger kevian said...

yeah i real impressed by this and I even more impressed by the fact that it wasn't publized alot to make them look good.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Icahwait* said...

I thought this was really impressive. I came across it when I went to watch their wedding pics on some point fortin site. trying to spell maco? its too early for me to use my brain.

1:24 AM  
Blogger Icahwait* said...

I thought this was really impressive. I came across it when I went to watch their wedding pics on some point fortin site. trying to spell maco? its too early for me to use my brain.

1:24 AM  
Blogger lime said...

kudos to those who gave back indeed. if they want real shock bunji to a squatter village though where the only water come from a standpipe, the eletricity is from a car battery someone buys for their shack made of scrap lumber and corrugated tin. this is the kind of place where my husband and myself worked when we lived there and it was astonishing how few people realized such conditions existed even when it was just a stone's throw away.

4:40 AM  
Blogger pearlprincess said...

It is so ironic that Kevi wrote on this today cause just last night my husband and I were talking about life and our career goals and this article that I read concerning finding your true calling in life. My next post was actually going to be on this.

However, that was a really a good thing done by our local musicians.

5:00 AM  
Blogger saucydiva said...

It's great that you posted this Kevian; I think that even though they were not seeking attention for their efforts it should be acknowledged.Hopefully others who are in a postion to contribute to the poor as well will be inspired.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Bagogyul said...

I saw this on pointalive's website.It even has a video link about this story.
That is wah Christmas is about...I used to do the same for my village.
I would bring down a suitcase full of toys and goodies and have a party for all of the kids in the area.
It's nice to give back...Kudo's to Bunji and Faye!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Crankyputz said...

Big Kudos to them....and kudos to you for finding it out...

9:04 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

yeah I am impressed with them as well. I wish I could afford to do something like that. I do the most I can though.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is nice what they are doing. Faye have on that same cheap lock necklace she put on for she wedding. Like she like she cheap things.

8:20 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

I don't thing that is the same lock necklace.. anon 8:20 am

8:25 AM  
Blogger Karabana said...

Helping the poor is always great.

But why make it a photo op?

12:42 PM  
Blogger kevian said...

Well i guess the media was there and did that . I actually found that this venture was very unpublized which was a surprise to me because alot of artiste jus do stuff to make themselves look good.!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Karabana said...

but who alerted the media? Their agents, no doubt. Bc it makes them look good, it's all part of their marketing agenda. While their help is great & respectable, I just respect celebrities more who donate/help anonymously.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Trini By Injection said...

Things dat make you go hmmmm! I guess we will never know their intention but not for nuttn this was around di time of their wedding so yuh cyaa help but think dat it maybe a publicity stunt.

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is the same neckpiece. It was a publicity stunt.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Karabana said...

(TBI) ah, yes....

6:04 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

Girl that is exactlt what my post that i was writting is about.. when I found this articile.. the time of there wedding..lol... KARABANA there u go again predicting my post..lol

11:12 AM  
Blogger Trini By Injection said...

LOL!!! Aigh aight.....LOL!!!! Publicity stunt.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Shandy said...

I know I'm real late but I'm glad I read this. It's great to see Mr. and Mrs. Alvarez and Jadee do this kind of thing. Hopefully more soca artists follow and realize that many need to "eat a food" more than them. *thumbs up*

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Denzil James said...

I am quite aware that this post can now be considered stale-dated however I would like to include my comment hoping to clear up some concerns.

Regarding those who commented about this venture being a publicity stunt, I wish to state that there was no intention by those involved to make this a publicized affair.

I being the webmaster of pointalive.com / southtrini.com found out about the story and decided that it was worth being published. I did the photos and story. The website which initially published the article report on happenings in the Point Fortin Community.

I would like to add that I really admire this blog page and would like to communicate with blogger Kevian.

Regards,
DJ

5:14 AM  
Blogger makeda said...

sexychen: i think dat was thoughtful of bunji garlin, fay ann lyons & jadee 2 take time out of their busy schedule 2 visit and give 2 da poor. if alot more artist and da government do dis we would c some improvement in the country.

1:05 PM  
Blogger nicola said...

hi guy wat u did was good'keep up the good work

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home