Carnival for tea,breakfast and dinner

All I do is think about Carnival !!! Join me on the road to carnival 2k7

Name:
Location: Arima, Trinidad & Tobago

I love Carnival!!. Trinidad's carnival! Once a year my senses rejoice at the opportunity to douse my soul with intoxicating soca music, shed my cares and fears, and temporarily transfer my spirit into the mas. (S. Drakes)

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Which band yuh supporting?



Irregardless of if people listen to pan at panorama or not most people have bands who they support..I am an exodus pan player so I am biased, I am also a phase2 and despers fan. In general exodus is one of the more organized bands that I have ever played in. I always loved Boogsie Sharpe so you will find me tending towards phase2. I used to like despers more until they got rid of clive bradly who had to prove himself for them to take him back to them by arranging for Nutones who won panorama that year, (that chune was sweet .. one of the best panorama composition that I ever played).

Leh meh hear yuh opinion on the steelbands

14 Comments:

Blogger buublenut said...

I hear they having Oan in Woodbrook on the 27th or 28th - thinking of checking it out.

Don't know too much about the steelbands but I love the beautiful sound of a pan :)

9:46 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

Wah day u reaching trini buuble?

10:21 AM  
Blogger buublenut said...

flying overnight, leave here the 24 reach bright and early on the 25th :)

U stay in Arima right??

12:50 PM  
Blogger Hottie Hottie said...

Exodus. NEXT!

1:06 PM  
Blogger kevian said...

Yeah we hadda buss ah lime @ buubs, where u staying? EXODUS FUH LIFE!

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my friends play with exodus so i back them all the way (jamal lewis)front line. their a very good band 100%.
soul calibar

6:44 PM  
Blogger kevian said...

Yes I know Jamal and Aisha Lewis.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Hottie Hottie said...

Like we hadda buss a Exodus lime! Meh favourite ex working Witco so Despers have a place in meh heart too. Wish I could be home for Panorama. What are the dates?

3:35 AM  
Blogger buublenut said...

Kevian I am staying in Grande but will be passing through Arima and Marvel as well I am sure.

6:37 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

Sat 17th of febuary is the finals and I guess the semis will be the saturday prior to that, the preliminary round is now a week long, because they visit the bands by district and they are judged at their repective panyards.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Carnival Jumbie said...

I always wanted to play in a steelband. How you does do that? You have to join at a certain time or wha?

5:31 PM  
Blogger kevian said...

I learnt when I was younger, but to learn u just have to go up to the steel orchestra and tell them that u want to join the band and they will teach u. i will advise you to stay away from the big guns for your 1st panorama. try a band in your area, I started off playing in school, then i branched off to bird song, then exodus.

You don't have to be able to ready music, jus a sense of timing and memory is all u need.

3:34 AM  
Anonymous squeezle said...

I haven't checked your blog in a while, and I see that I've been missing quite a lot.

I was (and still am) a big supporter of Despers, but since my dad (Clive Bradley) passed, they just don't have that special sound anymore.

But I think 2007 will be the first time I see Panorama with an un-biased mind. I'm really looking forward to the competition.

9:41 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

Squeezle.. my condolences, I love clive.. his compositions gave me butterflies in my stomach. I only had the opportunity to play his music once and it was a great experience.... Do you play pan as well?

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home