Carnival for tea,breakfast and dinner

All I do is think about Carnival !!! Join me on the road to carnival 2k7

Name:
Location: Arima, Trinidad & Tobago

I love Carnival!!. Trinidad's carnival! Once a year my senses rejoice at the opportunity to douse my soul with intoxicating soca music, shed my cares and fears, and temporarily transfer my spirit into the mas. (S. Drakes)

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

How yuh know when yuh ketching de carnival fever?

This is how I know I ketching de fever!!

  • Yuh willing to pay anything close to $3000.00 for a costume for two days.
  • When yuh contemplating selling corn soup to pay off fuh yuh costume ( a real life story).
  • When yuh working out and all yuh thinking about is how yuh go look in yuh costume.
  • When every time yuh pass ah shoe store yuh looking for a new pair of shoes to match yuh costume.
  • When u walking or driving through port of Spain and u having flashes of bussing a sweet whine in town.
  • During Christmas all yuh studying to do is collect gift money to pay off for your costume. (yuh know I funny…doh stress yuhself.. jus send me a card with the money.. is ok doh feel bad)
  • When yuh planning everything around carnival….( I will do my surgery in march instead of feburary Dr..thanks even though yuh bawling in pain)
  • When yuh put on yuh old costumes ever so often.
  • When yuh put on yuh costume more than ten times between the time u receive it and carnival day.
  • When anytime someone ask u how much more days to carnival yuh know the amount of days, hours, minutes and seconds.
  • When you are a walking fete calendar ( well Friday de tenth is brass , the 11th is WASA and de following Wednesday custom boys)
  • When u writing an entire blog dedicated to carnival.
  • When all yuh like to do is exercise to soca.
  • When yuh visiting carnival websites all day instead of doing the people wuk.
  • Yuh cah wait for Christmas to pass …
  • When yuh know every costume by name.
  • When everybody yuh meet, :yuh asking them yuh playing mas? Wah band? Wah section?
  • When yuh done start to shop for coordinating outfits for all yuh fetes.
  • When yuh luggage done pack and yuh ticket done book.
  • When yuh have yuh costume as yuh desktop real often.

    How do you know you ketching de fever!! leh meh hear


18 Comments:

Blogger Hottie Hottie said...

LOL! LOL! All of the above. When yuh done have yuh Carnival Monday costume - and is not the one the band give yuh!

6:05 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

hahah@ hottie yuh ent easy!!

7:01 AM  
Blogger Bagogyul said...

lol yes Kevian,
All of the above:
When yuh have yuh mas stockings boots and aint even buy your plane tix yet!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Bagogyul said...

lol: lastweekend...i dug into my suitcase and put on my miami carnival costume...
i thought it was just me who did that!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Hottie Hottie said...

LOL! No bago gyal. Is all ah we. I so bad, I trying on meh stockings and trying to imagine the costume over it. Pressuh!

7:54 AM  
Blogger buublenut said...

ok well I will tell you all how I know I have Carnival fever – you see I at home trying on my Monday wear (time reaching midnight) when I hear knocking at my door – I figure it the girl who live across the hall (the trini who just stock me up on fruta), so I simply throw my bath robe on top of my costume and answer the door – this girl looking at me like I mad in my head asking where I am going, this prompts me to look down and what to I see upon my feet – my damn running shoes!!! Oh how I and everyone else heard about my mad self from she for days LOL

Now I know I have Carnival fever!!!! Well that and that fact that I flying down in 3 weeks to work on my base tan. I am scared to see how I will be the 10 weeks between the time I come back from TnT till Carnival hit – ALL BE WARNED AND STAY CLEAR :)

“They see bacchanal, we see Carnival….”

9:35 AM  
Blogger saucydiva said...

yeah buublenut that take the cake!!! But Kevian yuh hit the nail on the head there girl!! I suffering from all of the above :D

10:28 AM  
Anonymous -:¦:-·:*""*:·.-:¦:-·* cb *·-:¦:-·:*""*:·-:¦:- said...

I feel like I slacking off that I doh have a blog dedicated to Carnival... But that's the only place I stickin', apparently. Guilty of all the other points (including the doctor).

11:03 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

girl as long as yuh have some of the symptoms yuh have de fever..lol

11:12 AM  
Blogger Bagogyul said...

But BubbleNut...is wah d' jail
you put on yuh shoes too! u not easy at all! bwahhhhaaa

11:48 AM  
Anonymous DRE said...

Cant wait for Fire Services fete...dat is when carnival really starts...lol.

12:22 PM  
Blogger buublenut said...

Can't help myself - too excited - had to make sure I could rock the shoes :)

12:39 PM  
Blogger Icahwait* said...

how about when you having dream that the mas done start and yuh just reach... had one of them this weekend self

1:27 PM  
Blogger kevian said...

haaha@ I cah wait, I ent think i reach dah level yet nah.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Icahwait* said...

true ting girl, its a recurring dream as well, same theme, different situations. I know it sad lol

11:18 PM  
Blogger Carnival Jumbie said...

Yeah I have my Monday Wear too! But I am a walking TIDCO. Anytime I talking to a foreigner I have a CARNIVAL pitch to explain to ppl why they can't go they whole life and not play a Trini mas. I does get real excited when I talking too. PPl must be think I a little off yes.

5:34 PM  
Blogger caisoqueen said...

hahahaha....I fuh sure have Carnival fever, cuz i does put on my Tribe 2006 costume and look at my bottom in de mirror to see how it might look while i Whinin hahaha

12:57 PM  
Blogger kevian said...

Caisoqueen is de same story here.lol

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home