Carnival for tea,breakfast and dinner

All I do is think about Carnival !!! Join me on the road to carnival 2k7

Name:
Location: Arima, Trinidad & Tobago

I love Carnival!!. Trinidad's carnival! Once a year my senses rejoice at the opportunity to douse my soul with intoxicating soca music, shed my cares and fears, and temporarily transfer my spirit into the mas. (S. Drakes)

Sunday, November 19, 2006

For the love of Bum Bum.


The Buttom otherwise known as the bumsie ,bum bum or bam bam is usually in the spotlight during Trinidad’s Carnival celebration.I always ask myself why is a woman’s posterior so important to so many soca artiste or to Trinidadian men in general.??

Soca artiste especially the men have always sung about women’s bottoms, which points to the high premium associated with this particular part of female anatomy.Lots of carnival songs proclaim the love for rotating bumsies and wining on women’s big bottoms and therefore it is seen as a desirable sexual target in fetes.

Most of the female artiste also get up on stage and draw attention to their buttoms and use them as an instrument, giving instructions to shake it, roll it, tremble it and de like.
Let’s brain storm and see exactly how many soca songs we could think of that made mention to a woman’s bumsee.. add to list and also see if you can give me a rationale... for this Buttom affection during carnival and in general. These are the songs I remembered off hand:

Iwer George aka the bum bum master
If you see the shape on the sister

Bottom in the road!

Bum Bum big
Bum Bum small
Me aint fraid dem at all!

Turn Around leh meh wine de bumper!!
Turn Around leh meh wine de bumper!!

The late lord Kitchener- Sugar Bum Bum

You torture me the way you wine
I love to see your fat behind
Sugar Bum Sugar Bum Bum


Denise Belfon’s- Kaka lay lay

Lay Lay yuh Bam Bam,
Lay Lay yuh Bam Bam..
Kaka..laylay.

ah cah remember who sung this one
Tiny Winey,Wine yuh Bum Bum
Tiny Winey ,Wine yuh Bum Bum

Russell Cadogan- Sweettrini

Big Bottom Gyal

"I want a big bottom gyal for me to wine up on, I want a big bottom gyal"

Burning Flames-Hottie hottie

Swinging Engine

Bagogyul-Destra

Pay dem d' "Boodie"

Cock back and Roll- Macheal

Karabana

Roll it GyalAllison Hinds

r o l l, roll it gyrl, roll it gyrl, r o l l, control it gyrl, control it gyrl...

bubblenut- Macheal

wine that bubblenut for me, shake that bubblenut for me...

Sherwayne Winchester

i Wining in Front

Yes I know yuh bumper could roll

Demonstrate yuh have full control

Since yuh bottom know all dem stunt...

Don't Stop

Waistline is alive

She could be my wifeRoll it now,

show them de motionBrighten my sky with your love and devotion

First gyal, roll that bumper round

Yes gyal to you it all belong..Roll it oh...

Steamroller - Rupee

Shake your bonita,Bonita applebum,

From left to right

Like a pendulumGirl steamroll it,

On the train trackSpin your waistline

And let me see you Steamroll your bumper round and round

Steamroll it when you hear de sound

Maaaake everybody go ..

Tremble it - Precious

Trinigee

"Jack up de back bumper, jack up de back bumper..." Macheal

TTfootball- Candy hoyte

wuk up yuh waistbaby

bend back and go dong low..

36 Comments:

Anonymous dragon princess said...

kevs - dutty wine does kill ppl...somebody died in JA right after she participated in some dutty wine competition...
you were right to add the disclaimer! lol

5:57 PM  
Blogger kevian said...

Dragon girl I think u added that comment in the wrong place.. but I ent want know body to blame meh blog when dey pop dey neck for carnival 2k7..lol

1:04 AM  
Anonymous sweettrini said...

Kevian, just this year it had Russell Cadogan with Big Bottom Gyal

"I want a big bottom gyal for me to wine up on, I want a big bottom gyal"

6:10 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

Ilawd I forgot that!!,I want a nice seksi gyal....(8)

6:46 AM  
Blogger Icahwait* said...

All hail Saucy Wow! man for a thick ting she have real skills.. you think anybody could top that?
I love Iwer too - I met this indian gyal in a party - bottom in de road, if you see the shape of de lade - bottom in road...hehehehe

List of bom bom songs must be endless.

6:58 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

Girl I bussing meh head trying to remember some ah dem .. I feel some of them jus hidding in the lyrics. I izah girl does mostly listen chorus.

Can any one offer a rationale for the love of bum bum?

7:44 AM  
Blogger Hottie Hottie said...

You have Swinging Engine - Burning Flames (dais bout de bamcee)

8:07 AM  
Blogger Bagogyul said...

Destra Pay dem d' "Boodie"

8:10 AM  
Blogger Bagogyul said...

oh gosh how can i forget my all time fav' Machel
Cock back and Roll

Where my girls....ohhhhhhhhhhhhh
oh lawddddddd!

8:11 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

Lawd all yuh ha meh feeling shame here..leh meh add dem.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Karabana said...

r o l l, roll it gyrl, roll it gyrl, r o l l, control it gyrl, control it gyrl...


wine that bubblenut for me, shake that bubblenut for me...


Yes I know yuh bumper could roll
Demonstrate yuh have full control
Since yuh bottom know all dem stunt...


Waistline is alive
She could be my wife
Roll it now, show them de motion
Brighten my sky with your love and devotion
First gyal, roll that bumper round
Yes gyal to you it all belong
Roll it oh...

9:21 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

Yes I know yuh bumper could roll
Demonstrate yuh have full control
Since yuh bottom know all dem stunt...

Waistline is alive
She could be my wife
Roll it now, show them de motion
Brighten my sky with your love and devotion
First gyal, roll that bumper round
Yes gyal to you it all belong
Roll it oh...

Karabana doh laugh eh!- what songs are those.. I lost..??

10:07 AM  
Blogger ttfootball said...

Kevian dat is shurwayne gyul! de second one, "don't stop"

Your posts are really funny! I came here sometime b4, don't know why i didnt comment...anyways...

wuk up yuh waist
baby bend back and
go dong low
- candy hoyte

10:20 AM  
Blogger pearlprincess said...

Kevi doh worrh eh! Once I know the chorus I aint bother about de rest of the song neither!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Trinigee said...

kevs yuh back with a bang after ur brief hiatus...another great post!
Men can't help being preoccupied with bumsee 'cos de tings Trini women does do will make anybody weak.
"Jack up de back bumper, jack up de back bumper..." meh darlin Allison Hinds (Trini in TO know why dat is meh darlin)

10:48 AM  
Blogger Karabana said...

Shurwayne Winchester - Front and Don't Stop
(Alison Behind’s Roll It Gal
Machel's BubbleNut of course!)

11:08 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

Lawd Trinigee I love dat one.. but dies not ah Macheal??

11:09 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

Karabana I cah believe that i didn't make that one out.. all i does be studying to do when that playing is snake meh waistline.. i real shame..lol

11:13 AM  
Blogger Karabana said...

Shake your bonita
Bonita applebum
From left to right
Like a pendulum
Girl steamroll it
On the train track
Spin your waistline
And let me see you
Steamroll your bumper round and round
Steamroll it when you hear de sound
Maaaake everybody go insane
Shake it like a steamroller train

Can't forget one of my fave's, Steamroller - Rupee!!!!!!!!!!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Karabana said...

One hand on the ground & bumper cock sky high
Wining hard on me
Got the Python
Hollerin' for mercy

OK, you know this one!!!!!!!!!!!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Trinigee said...

True tru Kevs it is Machel, my bad. I keep confusing it with de Allison Hinds on de same riddum

11:33 AM  
Blogger Karabana said...

The bumsie was in a red maxi
Drop off in front of Kentucky
And that when it start to torture me.

When I see the bumsie on Wrightson Road
My temperature start to overload
Somebody call me, I look around
When I turn back, Oh! The bumsie gone!

Hubby should know this one...

11:37 AM  
Blogger Trinigee said...

ohhh gorm kara, yuh on a roll gyul!

12:11 PM  
Blogger kevian said...

hahah allyuh ent easy.. especially karabana.. I ent know dem songs or maybe is the lyrics that theifing meh head. What are the names of them and who sung them let me add dem to the list.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Karabana said...

This is for the stoosh/posh winers...

when ya see the bumper turning, you better beware, when you see the bam bam rolling, you better beware, when ya see the bumper turning ya better step back, when you see the bam bam rolling ya better step back, coz it will kill you, you better leave me alone, big wine will kill you, let do me wine on my own!...

LOL!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Karabana said...

SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Karabana said...

ya say you want to ride w me, a sexy gyrl like me, but can you handle me?, ya better hold on tight, this is a bumper ride, a wicked bumper ride, a roller coaster ride ya better hold on hold on, like a rodeo better don't let go wine in to the left wine in to the right hold on left right hold on now faster move your waistline round n round n round...


12:34 PM  
Blogger Karabana said...

oh, & Destra's Tremble it, raise it up, tremble it, raise it up...
btw, this isn't the classism post in disguise, is it??? Are you gonna classify bumpers next?...
Hah hah

1:10 PM  
Blogger Icahwait* said...

I have a personal liking to .."make the bam bam bounce.."

& "...Bounce it up and down, bounce it all around, ...bounce it left and right, bounce it through the night..."

3:43 PM  
Blogger kevian said...

Hmmp yuh giving me ideas Kara..lol.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey you got me there.
and i agree with you 100%
as a young producer i noticed to all the bum bum songs lol. the soca band wagon has gone down alot no class no lyrics no meaning all of these things come down to one ans. no more good writers in the world and the old writers, big artists in the soca business can't afford them (yea right) they just don't like the style or would make a stupid excuse not to use the writers song.
so they resort to using the common thing bum bum or like mr. vybe try to change the bum to "TING"

soul calibar

6:07 PM  
Blogger kevian said...

"so they resort to using the common thing bum bum or like mr. vybe try to change the bum to "TING".. LMAO. That's funny but it is also so, so true!!

12:55 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

I now remember one.. wine on ah bumsee, wine on ah bumsee ..dat is de thing!!!

5:14 AM  
Blogger Karabana said...

Hah, noone gonna guess any of them? ;-)

1:59 PM  
Blogger Trinigee said...

Bottom in de Raod - Iwer

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello,

looking for a song, goes like this:

ya make ya bum bum BOUNCE, Roll, Roll, Roll, Make ya bum bum roll!

Anyone know this one?

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home