Carnival for tea,breakfast and dinner

All I do is think about Carnival !!! Join me on the road to carnival 2k7

Name:
Location: Arima, Trinidad & Tobago

I love Carnival!!. Trinidad's carnival! Once a year my senses rejoice at the opportunity to douse my soul with intoxicating soca music, shed my cares and fears, and temporarily transfer my spirit into the mas. (S. Drakes)

Friday, November 17, 2006

Dr.Kevi De Carnival WINE Connoisseur

Well this post might seem inappropriate coming after the last one, but I was on my way home thinking about a new post and then I realized that there is nothing more joyful in the carnival sense of the word than talking about wining. So I decided to categorize wines. Let me know which categories u fit into and if you have any to add.

The somebody please buy she a watch wine.
This wine is better known as dancing off beat. The best way to identify this wine is when yuh looking at the person winning and yuh wondering if they are hearing the same song as you. Is like u listening to Sherwayne's don’t stop and they listening to Mad by Macheal.

The traditional gyration
This involves the person standing in an up right position and gyrating the pelvic area. Popular with Trinidadian women when they are tired on the road on carnival day and this is the mother of all wines.

The dollar Wine
If you are a trini, this wine is self explanatory, (no is not de one where u wine for a dollar).. just think colin lucas and cent..five cent… ten cent.. dollar.

The Chutney Jook
This one can be described as a dollar wine to the side using the hips instead...usually done on and off the beat depending on de individual.... Traditionally seen in East Indian dancers and should be used to dance chutney ONLY.

The side to side wine
This wine involves the movement of the hip from left to right repeatedly, usually popular with the older masqueraders and social dancers.

The Dutty Wine
DISCLAIMER: Could be hazardous to health
This is a fairly new type of wine that originated in Jamaica, this wine involves the rapid rotation of the neck and posterior simultaneously..This dance has been yet to rear it's head in Trinidad's carnival but it is expected to be seen for carnival 2007.

Wuking up
This wine came from Barbados, similar to the traditional gyration but in a more stiff necked rapid way.

The cock back n roll
This wine involves the dancer going into a position similar to that done while squatting.( no it is not good for firming your butt muscles) . This wine bears a resemblance to the goutie-look-back or doggy style position. Most females also look back while doing this dance it is unexplainable phenomena.

The jump and wine
This wine is similar to that of the cock back and roll but in a less bent position, another difference between the two wines is that this one is done in mid air. This wine is a good way to burn calories.

The belly wine
This dance is fairly new on the Trinidad wine market and involves the movement of the stomach area in an erotic manner, The people doing this one look like those belly dancers jus minus the coins and de outfit unless u playing in Ip's Arbians.

The professional wine
Whatever you do don’t do this unless you have been properly trained or executed it several times in front yuh mirror. This can be described as a combination of the all the wines discussed above in addition to several aerobic and gymnastic moves :splits, head stands, hands stands and the list goes on. This category leaves a lot of room for creativity.

14 Comments:

Blogger Icahwait* said...

I'm a cock back n roll gyul, when I really want to give it to somebody lol. But I don't think I'll be doing that on the road. I'll TRY and stick to small wine. However,when the soca hit yuh so and yuh jus ketch de vibes and just start to breakaway...I ain't making no promises

4:23 AM  
Blogger Hottie Hottie said...

LOL! Another fabulous post dahling. I am all of the above. But I'm rather partial to the belly wine. Ah made meh NAME with Destra Tremble It, with my belly and bamcee being the trembler. Dais why I have to make sure I work hard and get this mudder neck stomach flat!

5:08 AM  
Blogger caisoqueen said...

But, Kev...u and saucy tinkin alike! I like to surprise my friends and jus pelt off a wine when dey least expect it. Usually I am de one to give a small wine here and dere, but i really hol on a post and bruk out meh waist...it's always entertaining to my pardnas.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Trini-in-Toronto said...

Allyuh need to heed the call of the inner Jamette. You spend the whole year being good, being responsible, acting proper and working far too hard.

If you feel like you want to cock back and roll, give her.

If you want to know where to draw the line, Imagine where the line should be, and lift your leg higher that.... HIGHER THAN DAT ;)

11:01 AM  
Blogger Karabana said...

Ya forgot the shoosh/posh, don't no man touch me, just watch me wine!
Then you'll see a bunch o men who whine that they can't get a wine.

11:39 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

Well I am a cockback and roll person actually I think I am guilty of all of the above even the chutney jook... leh meh hear a soca that have a hint of indian...and dies it.. ah gone.. jookin.

Thanks for the compliement Hottie! I forgot the tremble wine how could I do such a thing.. dies de vital supply.

8:10 PM  
Blogger kevian said...

yes caiso gyal.. me and saucy like we was join to the hip today.. because we post a similar thing..plus we were both missing in action all day.. as yuh realise I now replying to my comments and I does usually be on de the ball.

trini- in- toronto, I don't agree with you I think that women should be self respecting all year around.

8:15 PM  
Blogger kevian said...

Karabana.. I realise that u have a thing for predicting my post..it in de making.. keep checkin de blog.


PS: I love de new picture...LMAO!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Karabana said...

Yeah, I was gonna say this is not the classism post you said you were working on is it?... unless... the chutney jookers can't mix w the stoosh/posh winers, & what fete do you allow the dutty winers in, certainly not the social winers all inclusive fete.

just gotta LOL!!!!

Thanx :-), I dragged that pic out from yrs ago just for your posts!

8:43 PM  
Blogger kevian said...

karabana yuh know I does never talk serious about anything (ask trini gee)..So my classim post go be funny.. doh worry I does have my posts in the making days before..I does put real effort into meh shit talk!.

Thanks for the pic it suited the post..lol, ur hubby is trini in toronto?

9:18 PM  
Blogger Icahwait* said...

hahaha I'm loving that gyrating stick man karabana.

Trini in Toronto I will def try and remember that while I'm in my Jamette costume to get into character lol

12:50 AM  
Blogger Karabana said...

ok, sounds good gyrl, I know, ppl just wanna talk fun bc mas *is* fun... but hubby (yup, Trini-in-TO) was kidding, don't take him seriously. He figures mas is time to free up, not be uptight.
Thanx icah, it seemed like perfect timing to break bad man wine out, ease up the tension, bring on the laughs.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous dragon princess said...

kevian - muh fellow dragon princess (along wid saucy)...i noticing how wining fever takeover allyuh...lol

i agree wid what u saying...the safest thing for me is to play mas wid a group of ppl i know...especially some strong men that will protect you from any randoms that wanna tief a wine...

i do the chutney jook too!! lol...u should see me anytime i hear doi festival or mor tor...aye!! hold be back...

5:51 PM  
Blogger kevian said...

hahaha mortor, mortor and dies it for me..I gone jooking all over the streets.

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home