Carnival for tea,breakfast and dinner

All I do is think about Carnival !!! Join me on the road to carnival 2k7

Name:
Location: Arima, Trinidad & Tobago

I love Carnival!!. Trinidad's carnival! Once a year my senses rejoice at the opportunity to douse my soul with intoxicating soca music, shed my cares and fears, and temporarily transfer my spirit into the mas. (S. Drakes)

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Legacy's band Launching review


Well I got there close to 12 o’clock, the launch was held at the Anchorage. They built a medium size stage to the left of the normal small wooden stage found at there. The venue looked a lot bigger than it had ever looked before to me. There was a projector (a large TV screen thing) showing a video the costumes even before the launch had began. That meant that they were prepared long before the day of the launch, but they decided to launch late. I found that it was great idea to do that as it gave people the opportunity to look at the costumes they liked and then focus on them better when the models came on stage.

During my wait for the launch to begin, I realized that a lot of people actually don’t know how to dress for band launchings; half the females were dressed like they were heading to WASA fete, shorts, tight, sneakers and the works… Just remember that I didn’t say ghetto. Anyway that’s another post. ( i.e check saucy site for dressing tips ).

The launch finally began at around 1 o’clock, the models and some strange looking old men walked through the crowd. The men were dressed in traditional Indian mas costumes and the models were dressed in Mike’s creations. They headed for the stage and then I noticed the stage props they were horrendous, there was a teepee (the home of an Indian) on the stage that looked like a cheap piece for spray painted white polyester, wrapped around a triangular piece of cardboard. ROFL!!

ANYWAYS the launch began with traditional masqueraders going around and around the stage singing something that no one under stood , I was actually wondering if they themselves understood what the where saying..lol. there was this one crazy looking old man, but that's another post..After they were done the models came on ( Just the thing I was waiting for).

One quarter of the costumes were nice, among my favorites were the rainbow costume ( think it was named rainbow warrior.. it was the only one that looked like a rainbow u can’t miss it check out saucy’s site , Chutney ( an orange – colour scheme something like Sahara sunset and another blue and orange one that had the same colour combinations as tonogele from poison’s presentation 2k5. There was also a costume called soca warriors similar to that of the popular warrior sprit from tribe. (I actually predicted this one) We can't say that they followed tribe because alot of the traditional indian mas costumes that we see around are actually in the red, black and white combinations.

I had one problem with several of the costumes. There was a flower feather kind of thing on the butt of some of the frontline custumes..( the majority of them had it ). The first thing that I thought when I saw it was …This thing is a wine blocker!!. I mean some of them were huge and others looked like a cute little powder puff. P.s: People who can’t afford person security could probably choose those costumes. The feather flower thing also reminded me of the frilly panties little girls use to wear back in the day..hahaha.

Their was this one blue costume with a backpack similar to ricco soldato - I felt sorry for the poor girl wearing that ugly ensemble, she pulled it off because she had confidence. There was this one orange section with the same kinda of brown feather thing seen from ricco soldato (poison last year- literally) in her head piece, this costumes bra was a short corset with laces to the front and back , I found that rather seksi.Most of the names of the sections were of Native American origin so I didn’t even try to remember the names.

Sherwin’s performance came after the costumes were revealed it was great, I left right after though. Before I left the launched I walked around asking if they had a book with the costumes, a calendar or even a book mark, a black and white flyer or something, to no avail. (Not like if I expected anything more).

On my way home from the launch I had corn soup from St James............

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings, I personally love "The Fat Smash Diet" by Dr. Ian Smith...Check it out, it's the best so far as it really gets you to eventually make "healthy eating" a way of life... It's reqlistic and "doable" and most of all affordable for the avarage person, there is alot of variety, add a l'il Trini flavor to that and you are guaranteed to be on a roll... I have lost 24.6lbs so far and my personal goal is to loose 45-50 more before I come home for carnival...

7:42 AM  
Blogger Trinigee said...

Whats up Kevian it's yuh boy from Cow Mas and 3Canal. just found out about your blog from saucy's...it's pretty cool!

8:22 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

Annon 7:42am Where can I access the detail of this diet?

10:53 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

trinigee Waz up?? What's on your carnival agenda.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Trinigee said...

Haven't made any plans yet, just trying to save to pay off my costume. i'm a bit out of touch with the whole fete scene and my friends doh really lime anymore so I payin attention to saucy's blog to get tips and stuff. Dat's reaal bad cos i used to know everything that was going on :s

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Gervis said...

Kevian u hadda invite me to come with u to one of those band launchings cuz i've never been to one.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home