Carnival for tea,breakfast and dinner

All I do is think about Carnival !!! Join me on the road to carnival 2k7

Name:
Location: Arima, Trinidad & Tobago

I love Carnival!!. Trinidad's carnival! Once a year my senses rejoice at the opportunity to douse my soul with intoxicating soca music, shed my cares and fears, and temporarily transfer my spirit into the mas. (S. Drakes)

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Judgment Day!

Well October 10th was the last time I weighed and took my BMI(150.6lbs), this morning after aerobics I went to Bhagan’s drugs to get on that awful scale. These are my new stats.

Weight: 147.8 lbs
Height: 5 ft 4.5 ‘’ (so the scale say but I know I am 5ft 5- denial)
BMI: 25.2 – I am .2 over the ideal weight range.
My Ideal weight: 137 lbs (according to the BMI scale) - 10.8lbs to go!!

Well today is October 26th so that means that in 16days I lost 2.8 lbs, I wish I had lost more but according to all these health books around a weight lost of1-2 pounds a week is a healthy weight lost. So that is right with in the region. Lawd if I keep on this way I might reach my ideal weight a day before carnival...

I have to keep on reminding myself that this is suppose to be more about improving my eating behaviors by making small changes that last a lifetime, rather than sticking to a strict eating and exercise plan.

9 Comments:

Blogger buublenut said...

Good work girl!!!

11:46 AM  
Blogger saucydiva said...

That's good, you should also measure yourself and see how many inches you have lost as well

5:40 PM  
Blogger kevian said...

i actually fraid to do that yes..ah say after month I will.

3:35 AM  
Blogger Karabana said...

Hi there, those stats are great, you're doing really well!
I lost the most weight & fast, from eating low carb, Atkins, 3 yrs ago. Hubby & I ea. lost 25 lbs in 4 mos.
I'm not going to say it was easy at 1st, but once I got the sugar withdrawal over with, which took 1 week, I was good to go. We ate protein (meats & fish), eggs, cheese, non sugary veggies & salads. Then once you're 1/2 way to your goal weight, you add more carbs, like beans, berries. Then you're maintaining your weight & add more low healthy carbs like oatmeal. You can eat low fat low carb by eating no red meats, no chicken skin, no butter.

I know how more difficult it would be to eat low carb w a West Indian diet, all that rice, roti, bake, starchy roots like cassava, bc they make up much of the diet. :(

10:30 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

Didi u maintain u weight loss, Karabana?

11:06 AM  
Blogger Karabana said...

I did. Right now though, I'm 5 lbs off from that, bc lately I've said f it & I eat my chocolate & ice cream without a care in the world!
*sigh*
The things we do to look hott in a bikini.

1:17 PM  
Blogger kevian said...

yuh damn right karabana..lol , I am trying to lose the weight and maintain the weight lost.

I was trying to log on to your blog, what's up with that?

6:54 PM  
Blogger Karabana said...

oh, Saucyd asked about this yesterday too, it's just pics & I finally filled out some of their info, I don't have an actual blog, I just like posting on others ;-) to create my own, I can botha! ;-)

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i must say you do have your head in the right direction and that weight you have lost is a triple plus in my book.
great work keep it moving. your there already. i hope some ppl are following your lead, your a good motivator even if you dont see it you are....

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home