Carnival for tea,breakfast and dinner

All I do is think about Carnival !!! Join me on the road to carnival 2k7

Name:
Location: Arima, Trinidad & Tobago

I love Carnival!!. Trinidad's carnival! Once a year my senses rejoice at the opportunity to douse my soul with intoxicating soca music, shed my cares and fears, and temporarily transfer my spirit into the mas. (S. Drakes)

Friday, October 27, 2006

Crop over Reminisce pt 2 -Kadoment day








Well the pics speak for themselves, those were taken on kadoment day in barbados crop over 2k6, as stated in the other post we stormed the people band!!, offical drinks cup and all!!. If you look carefully in some of the pics you will realise that we are inside of the ropes .We used our band from some of the other fetes to merge into baje even though we were in plain clothes.

Why do the bajan girls wear slippers while play mas? A flip flop and a custume? Very unappealing!!. I must say the men were a site to see, it seems like the gym is a popular thing with them, most of them have real cuts…psst...pssst darkie!!. but the face on the other hand is another story. But ah doh watch face only waist,I love to see them wuk up.

The drinks on the road also sucked ..up to now I didn't see a premium drink.. no baileys! or no Johnny! how can u play mas with out johnny?.. trust me .. me and johnny we had alot of ‘walks” in the past few years. Is a good thing we walked with our vital supply.

For the frist time i saw a christian mas band…they were walking about in some thing looking like a minshell custume. they were jumping to the sounds of gospel throught out the streets, they weren’t wuking up though.lol.

Lots of trinis where there it was almost like an invasion, this included me and my crew of twelve .. it was a great experience..cah wait til next year!!. I need a woman by myside.. down the road..

12 Comments:

Blogger saucydiva said...

I want to go to crop over for 2k7, but my liming partners getting old! Who eh hook up, have chile and the next set want to go Miami. steups

2:10 AM  
Blogger Icahwait* said...

LOL who is that big mama jamma on the truck. Lordee.

How much it costs to go Crop over? The fetes expensive? you had somewhere to stay already or you had to find hotel and thing?

3:01 AM  
Blogger saucydiva said...

icah wait for me Crop Over is not expensive. When January rolls around tickets to Barbados are around $100.00US coming from Trini, but with World Cup next year I think air fare might remain high until after April.There are so many guest houses to choose from for around $75.00US a night (cheaper if you are sharing with friends)that accomodation is affordable, we usually go from the Thursday till the next Tuesday, 5 nights but next year I want to spend a week, Wednesday to Wednesday (if I end up going).

Fetes are not too bad depending on which ones you go to, the boat cruise is about $50.00US and is a not to be missed event.Triniscene.com does a crop overpackage and you can get the fete tickets from them...about 3 or 4 fetes for $120.00US including caution, Baje Fete, Boat Cruise and a next one (cyar remember).

The BEST thing for me is after feteing you can catch up on some sleep on a beautiful beach :D

5:45 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

It only costed me about 4000 tt but we stayed like three to a room. I went with the crayon crew... sauce yuh want join us next year let me know. i cah wait!!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Karabana said...

That 1st pic is frightening, ohmyfreakingod!!!
& underwear?? uh uh, nope.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Icahwait* said...

I don't want to sound like a chupidee but what month Crop Over in? I think its over summer? July/Aug? If so I'll have to arrange a holiday to Trini round my b'day time, then go over for a few days.
I wonder if I'll ever get that term time contract at work boy?

7:22 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

yeah it's the highlight of the summer (and, some think, of the whole year) from end June to early August. this year i think it was august 4-8th that I went.

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Gervis said...

Hmm..kev girl...i really see it in that picture with u in pink sideways...DAMN GIRL I dont know if is the top or the jeans that was screaming lol...CARNIVAL DIET FOR SURE LOL....dont take it hard.... you know how it is with us.

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Gervis said...

Oh and not feeling that ...that...thing...is that a guy??... that pose up with yall? what the hell

5:15 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

gervis i didnot appreicate that comment.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Bajan buzz said...

I am sure you enjoyed the trip in Barbados. I hope I get to se you next time you are here.

6:49 AM  
Anonymous thuglicious said...

I would love to come to barbados for kadoment the best ever in the world the no.1 country to visit with lots of entertainment in store beautiful barbados i miss you and will come before the year finish.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home