Carnival for tea,breakfast and dinner

All I do is think about Carnival !!! Join me on the road to carnival 2k7

Name:
Location: Arima, Trinidad & Tobago

I love Carnival!!. Trinidad's carnival! Once a year my senses rejoice at the opportunity to douse my soul with intoxicating soca music, shed my cares and fears, and temporarily transfer my spirit into the mas. (S. Drakes)

Monday, October 23, 2006

Carnival weight loss success stories anyone?

I know many of us may have a story or a strategy to share on carnival weight loss, hence the reason for this post. My usually strategy is to hit the gym almost everyday, sometimes twice a day until the week before carnival. The week before carnival I usually increase my caloric intake and decrease my exercise. I also start taking multivitamins and vitamin C.

The first year I played mas and I started the gym in late December and carnival was in February I believe. I exercised consistently until the day before carnival and I lost more than 10 lbs. But I was also terribly sick on the road because I hadn't given my body time to rest, even though exercise is suppose to strength your immune system, I still don't know why I got sick. I actually I think it had to do with getting my entire hair wet at cooler fete… BUT that's another post...lol

The first year I played mas and I started the gym in late December and carnival was in February I believe. I exercised consistently until the day before carnival and I lost more than 10 lbs. But I was also terribly sick on the road because I hadn't given my body time to rest, even though exercise is suppose to strength your immune system, I still don't know why I got sick. I actually I think it had to do with getting my entire hair wet at cooler fete… BUT that's another post!!

Even though I am interested in changing my eating habits all year round I am really interested in what u guys do or did as the case may be. Who knows I might still need it if this attempt doesn't work.

16 Comments:

Blogger saucydiva said...

One of my most successful weight loss ventures for Carnival had nothing to do with diet but walking up lady chancelor EVERY DAY. I was shocked by how much weight I lost that Carnival :D

I wonder if we should do a walking session up Chancellor two to three time a week? I need company to start again peeps! For one thing you get excellent stamind building from walking up that hill.

5:07 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

Whenever u ready! saucy...i in dat!!! Yuh know meh email addy jus mail meh.

5:20 AM  
Blogger saucydiva said...

:D I working up the mindset to face that hill!!

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Gervis said...

want a tip?? Here's one... Try not to double post next time lol. Ok make it 2. That working out excessivly before carnival doesnt do you much good, trust me. if you are in you're in, if you're out, you're out. in between makes no sense to me.

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Gervis said...

My method of maintaining my wieght,(which i dont really watch closely anyway) is I practice football 4 times a week and have a major game on weekends. The constant running does alot of good. An well the 2 mile run back back home from the ground kinda kills you for the next day but what the hell.

8:34 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

Gervis working out for carnival is not only about looking good but it is also about feeling good about yourself as well.

9:02 AM  
Blogger buublenut said...

Well I box 4 times a week which involves running, skipping, push ups, sits ups and more plus the sparing and training exercises - so my stamina is way up there. I will work out till the day I catch my flight and maybe take in 2 jogs before Carnival hit once in Trinidad but I feel the feting will sub my workout. A wild fete is an awesome workout in my opinion.

As for the food I mind what I eat and pay attention to the food guide making sure to keep calorie intake low. I will behave while in Trinidad up to Ash Wednesday but after that it going to me roti and bake and ting for my ass - after all I am on vacation :)

Not to mention the aloe pie - nothing like doubling up on those starches YUM

9:25 AM  
Blogger Icahwait* said...

allyuh real serious about this thing. Kevian, you need to swap your meals girl? I still don't get how you eating dinner/lunch food for breakfast?

I eat whatever. just make sure you have lots of veggies/fruits. Make wiser choice of foods, and decrease (not drastically) portion sizes. I.e one pot spoon of rice, as opposed to 2 or 3. and make the rest of the plate up with veggies and meat or whatever.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Icahwait* said...

and so some form of regular exercise anyhow

5:39 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

Girl the portions don't be big when i have lunch for breakfast, just like one pot spoon of rice etc.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Carnival Jumbie said...

WHITE RICE = BAD CARBS!!!! NOOOOO!!

12:09 PM  
Blogger kevian said...

i don't know why people have the perception that carbs are bad, actually if you look at the food pryramid for a healthy diet.. you will realise that u need more carbs than any other nutrient.

it all depends on what kinda carbs u having wheather it be the simple or the complex carbs.. Simple carbs will be like sugar etc. Those are the bad ones.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Icahwait* said...

I agree , I love meh white bread and I love potatoes and nobody for nothing getting me off that.
carbs are bad for you B.S you need like a balanced meal which includes - starchy foods and FATS. Just Good fats.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Karabana said...

I have a Caribana success story ;-), never been to Carnival.
Hubby & I started Atkins in Jan. 2002 & my goal was to lose 25 lbs. for Caribana in July. I never went on a diet before, so I was really worried I would find it restrictive. But it truthfully wasn't, I was never hungry, ate things I like, & saw results quickly. I had a strong will though, I was very determined to succeed. I do believe that is what will make you successful, bc you're denying yourself some fave foods, but if you keep in mind it's for an overall healthier you, it will work.
I always exercised a lot, so that continued, and in 4 months, I reached my goal. That was our best Caribana ever, not only bc we finally had decent costumes LOL!, but bc I was at my leanest. It showed in my face, legs & abs... something that all the leg lifts & crunches WOULD NEVER PRODUCE!!!! I would do 500 ab exercises a day, but I NEVER got abs like I had when I ate low carb.

I just posted about the diet in your judgement day piece.

10:43 AM  
Blogger kevian said...

From what I know about dieting and stuff that sound like a great plan and it is actually similar to what i am trying to, minus the low carbs I am trying to have all my nutrients in proportion.

PS: I said TRYING!!.lol

11:11 AM  
Blogger Karabana said...

It's hard gyrl, don't I know. I haven't done it strict (called Induction) since 03 (oops, not 02) bc I met my goal, but in time for Carnival, I'll get strict & lose these 5 extra lbs of bad carbs in me.
(As per Atkins, I also drink 8 cups of water a day & take a ton of vitamins)

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home